In Between Designs has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit http://milanshimonolee.com and update your bookmarks.

October 20, 2009

Brene Brown, will you be my guru?

"Be creative.  There's no such thing as Creative People and Not Creative People -- there are only People Who Choose to Use Their Creative Gifts and People Who Don't.  Remember this:  the only unique things you will ever do in this world will be things which are creative."

Talk about putting things into perspective. There's no excuse anymore.

From her bio: "Dr. Brené Brown is a writer, researcher, and educator. She is a member of the research faculty at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work where she has spent the past ten years studying connection - specifically authenticity, belonging, and shame, and the affect these powerful emotions have on the way we live, love, parent, work and build relationships."

Check out more of what she has to say. I respect people with the courage to look deeply within for ways to happy living. On her blog Ordinary Courage, Brown spreads the good word through storytelling and her own life examples that are approachable and relatable. For example, having been a waitress myself for most of my teenage life and then some, I totally agree with her thoughts on respecting the service industry.

I've got a LOT to learn and correct about myself, I am aware of this. I also accept that living the way you want to takes courage and it takes time. But if I could tap into her work one crumb at a time, I would feel nourished daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello