In Between Designs has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit http://milanshimonolee.com and update your bookmarks.

June 3, 2009

Peony is the Strangest Word

.. But one of the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen. Sitting at my desk in silence last night, I'd hear a sound like a creak in the woodwork or a tiny "apparition" pop but when I'd look over the tight round buds had burst open shamelessly, with all its white ruffly petals spilled out for the world (me) to see. I just had to take photos.

What I like best about peonies is that they look delicate, and even more so as they begin to wilt and pale in color, but they are far from fragile. I like to feel the velvetiness of petals between my fingers, and peonies don't wither away at my touch. They are strong and beautiful, a kind of flower I'd want to be.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello