In Between Designs has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit http://milanshimonolee.com and update your bookmarks.

August 11, 2009

The Making of Baby Alex

Hello!
I'm alive I'm alive, don't worry. By the title you probably think I've been away for the past week because I made a baby. Hah! No, I've actually been busy welcoming back my creative pulses, trying to squeeze them for every drop -- hopefully these lil lemons are here to stay for a while. Alex is the name of the new dresser we built last night!

I got these really neat drawers that seems nobody wants to get rid of on Craiglist because apparently they are that awesome. I've been eyeing the Alex drawers from IKEA for months now but being on a budget, never could justify the cost. But in the end, our trip to IKEA this weekend turned out to be a really good decision. I love that the portfolio drawers are wide enough to carry delicate pieces of paper for crafts, and sturdy enough to hold tools and knick knacks. Speaking of which, HOW in the HEYDIDDLE does all THAT fit into THAT box so neatly? It's a mystery. I took one look at that single bag of screws and said to myself, Crap. This is going to be fun. I ought to document this.

I laid out all the pieces for the photo but it turns out that doing that organized the whole process from the start so it was pretty easy to figure out what goes where with what when and how. I love when things work themselves out like that, don't you? So, I told Jason not to help me until he was done with his work, and one by one, we managed to piece the whole thing together in less than two hours.


In that two hour duration of building, I remember thinking to myself the following:
"Wow, it actually fits. "
"Smells slightly of Japan. "
"Ohhhhhhhhhhh..."
"This is especially cool because I BUILT IT."

Ta-da! We even did it free of cursing and injuries. Isn't he adorable? I'm going to push him right under the desk there, and start putting away those cluster*#$! of paper [stage left] RIGHT NOW. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. That is a sweet set of drawers! Good job putting it together. Looks like there were about a million pieces to deal with.

    ReplyDelete

Hello