In Between Designs has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit http://milanshimonolee.com and update your bookmarks.

July 8, 2009

Lovesick and Pillowcases


For the past five days I've been down and out with this evil fever/cold/flu/cough virus that's spread across the office. The rest have diagnosed it as Generalfeelingof Crapitis but my body knows what it is: it's lovesick. Lovesick with an incessantly annoying cough that is so obsessed with me that it won't let me ever forget it.

We met long ago in 7th grade in the middle of a math class lecture, so suddenly and violently that what else could it be but unrequited love? I rushed outside to the drinking fountain and I told it to leave and it said it wouldn't and that it couldn't so i said okay but can you please keep it to a minimum because I can't keep meeting like this and it said okay. We agreed that we'd meet once a year, at the same place and time every day for a few weeks - right smack dab in the middle of every math class I ever had for the rest of my life. It was torture but compared to the lecture, it was actually kind of a relief.

But I haven't taken a math class since my sophomore year of college and now lovesick is mad at me. Since I've been sick, it revisits me while I am sleeping, while I am at work, while I am on public transportation for godssakes. I feel totally uncomfortable and would like nothing more than to be in my own bed, in the privacy of my own home so that Lovesick Cough can come bother me all it wants. Now I can't stop thinking about beds.

These pillowcases from Australian Castle are calling me; I'm thinking the flower charcoal with the flower yellow would feel so sweet beneath my squeepy head. I'm also eyeing the softness of these Ticking Stripe sheets from Garnet Hill [right]. Esp the Ink stripe ones.



Don't these look cozy, little cough? You should go and wait for me there. I'll be there at the end of the day, I can promise you that.

Side effects of lovesickness, aside from the cough, is believing wholeheartedly that anything good is so very far from wherever you are. It's a sad feeling that is hard to shake even though it's not true.

Hope you all are healthy and free this Tuesday morning. I'm looking forward to cuddling up this evening and watching a DVD my little sister Mica sent to me for my birthday. It's about combining art and nature. I'll tell you how it goes later, but pretty much it will be awesome.

love and light,
Milan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello