In Between Designs has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit http://milanshimonolee.com and update your bookmarks.

June 11, 2009

Umbrella Prints, Flea Markets and Eggs

These hand screenprinted patterns by Umbrella Prints are so darling that I had to share with someone. Textile design & patterning is one of those very underappreciated art forms, in my opinion, and that level of detail should receive recognition whenever possible.



The fan necklace is a collaborative spinoff of the red pattern. Umbrella Prints is an Australian textile house started by Amy Prior and Carly Schwerdt. Read more here.

Etsy is a great place to discover an alive and kicking hand crafted world, as well as vintage items that you could only dream of finding at a flea market. I'm very new to this whole style and decor industry, I admit, but I'm really excited to go to my first flea in a couple of weeks.

I just wondered if there's some tricks or tips of the trade that I should research and lo and behold! The Internet never fails me. Except for last night. [warning: digression] I scolded at J for cooking SEVEN boiled eggs for dinner. Totally absurd, right?!?? He defended himself: "But I don't eat the egg yolks!' and I retorted with a "STILL!"Ugh. My stubborn self wanted to save his arteries and prove a point at the same time so I Googled nutritional facts for eggs with J looking over my shoulder.


More than half the calories found in eggs come from the fat in the yolk; a 100 gram chicken egg contains approximately 10 grams of fat..It contains all of the fat in the egg and slightly less than half of the protein and much of the nutrients... The egg white consists primarily of water (87%) and protein (13%) and contains no cholesterol and little, if any, fat. Wikipedia.


damn. So of course before he ate his SIX eggs (i ate one out of submission), he did an annoyingly cute victory dance. You were right, babe. You were oh so terribly right.

Anyway, back to the internet. The internet has found for me a couple of articles that list best practices for flea market shopping. Some were practical like get there early and bring cash, but there are some unusual but useful ones like dress down so's they don't assume you can pay more. Interesting.. Do you have any tips of your own? I'd love to hear.

2 comments:

Hello