In Between Designs has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit http://milanshimonolee.com and update your bookmarks.

April 16, 2009

The Perfect Table




On the prowl for an affordable and stylish long desk, with an accompanying bench. I've dedicated a wall by the entry for such desk, and hope that I will be able to do a lot of work at it. Atop it will be my computer and an open journal for my morning pages, a creative ritual I hope to adopt permanently. On weekend mornings I'll have the front door open and shades drawn, the little fountain outside trickling slightly louder than I would expect, yet still in a calming way.

And when we have guests for a summer dinner, we'll open all the windows and pull the table out from the wall and use the bench and other miscellaneous seats I may have at that point and laugh and talk over a lovely homecooked meal.

Sounds nice, no? You're welcome over, whenever I find this perfect table.

4 comments:

  1. A bench as work seating?! I don't know why I never thought of that. I suppose it's because I've been dreaming of getting a giant plush office chair for years and never looked at alternative. When I get my own place, I'll definitely consider stealing your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free, Ivan! I forgot to mention -- it also doubles as a display table for things like coffee table books or small sculptures =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we'll see how much free space I have on the table once I use it as my main desk and started putting everything on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound like the perfect table! Good luck on your search!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello