In Between Designs has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit http://milanshimonolee.com and update your bookmarks.

February 9, 2009

A Place to Call My Own... to rent.. for a year







So, if all goes well, I will be signing the papers to an apartment in a cute little town called Berkeley.

From the Craigslist posting:

Clean, sunny upper one-bedroom in garden setting. The nicely landscaped courtyard is filled with greenery and has a deck with a comfortable seating area. Updated tile in kitchen, neutral Berber style carpet, gas stove/heater, large closet, tub/shower combo, coin laundry, off-street parking, bike racks, secure gate at entrance. Fixed cat or small pet OK, no dogs. Quiet, nice neighborhood.

I couldn't stop daydreaming about this place since Jason and I went to look at the place yesterday. The visit was a totally positive experience -- any fault I saw was compensated with a bonus. The landlords live up in West Marin but they seem very open, kind, and communicative. I look forward to making friends with the other tenants. Hopefully my neighbors are as equally nice as the landlords are. I want to borrow cups of sugar and drink wine and listen to music with thy neighbors and share vacuums & spare chairs.

I'm a bit scared about living alone, however. It's that anxiety you feel before doing something you've never done before and not sure at all if you'd like. I envision myself having my own space, my own things, my own privacy, and I feel good about it. But then I imagine having my own space IN THE DARK, my own things IN THE DARK, my own privacy IN THE DARK and then i start to freak out. Imagining is not reality, I know, so I have to resort to common knowledge for comfort. People do it all the time, blahblabhhahbaaa.

So, here's to trying new things in life. Stay tuned over the next month or so for decorating ideas and moving updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello